IOCP multithreading

This is a discussion on IOCP multithreading within the Networking/Device Communication forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Im working on IOCP framework server and I wonder if I have to take care on ordering incoming/outgoing packages if ...

  1. #1
    l2u
    l2u is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    630

    IOCP multithreading

    Im working on IOCP framework server and I wonder if I have to take care on ordering incoming/outgoing packages if I use more than one worker threads?

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    have you done some inet search?

    http://www.codeproject.com/internet/iocp.asp - one of the first links I searched bring me this interesting article, that could be usefull for me, if I'd start such a project...
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    l2u
    l2u is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    630
    Quote Originally Posted by vart
    have you done some inet search?

    http://www.codeproject.com/internet/iocp.asp - one of the first links I searched bring me this interesting article, that could be usefull for me, if I'd start such a project...
    Yeah, I read those articles but they still havent answered my questions.

    1) Do I have to take care for ordering packages?
    2) Is it better to have windows take care of threads with BindIoCompletionCallback() or make my own thread pool? Im unsure how windows takes care of threads - would it handle threads/call function with good preformance?

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Multithreading (flag stopping a thread, ring buffer) volatile
    By ShwangShwing in forum C Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 07:27 AM
  2. multithreading in C++
    By manzoor in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 11:20 AM
  3. Question on Multithreading
    By ronan_40060 in forum C Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-2006, 07:58 AM
  4. Interesting Problem with IOCP and AcceptEx() :: Winsock
    By kuphryn in forum Networking/Device Communication
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 09:16 PM
  5. Multithreading
    By JaWiB in forum Game Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-24-2003, 09:28 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21