Need some help w/ my instant messenger

This is a discussion on Need some help w/ my instant messenger within the Networking/Device Communication forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Well I remember writing one a long time ago but I forgot how I looped to wait for a connection.... ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    241

    Need some help w/ my instant messenger

    Well I remember writing one a long time ago but I forgot how I looped to wait for a connection.... any ideas on how to do it?

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    Open listening socket and assign a callback that will be called when incoming connection arrives?
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Juneda
    Posts
    287
    Under Windows and using winsocks you can use a new thread and pass to it a 'copy' of the socket accepted; then on that new thread just call and recall the receive/send functions till you get the close instruction.

    Hope that helps.

    Niara

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Instant Messenger
    By Mahi~Mahi in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 03:02 PM
  2. Instant Messenger for DOS
    By nitinol in forum C Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-21-2005, 09:17 PM
  3. IRC/Flood.c virus from instant messenger
    By lschmidt in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 03:41 PM
  4. Instant messenger app help
    By AusTex in forum C Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2005, 12:41 AM
  5. Editing Instant Messenger (please help!)
    By Leeman_s in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-09-2001, 02:23 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21