Network Traffic Monitor

This is a discussion on Network Traffic Monitor within the Networking/Device Communication forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Hi, I've been looking into developing a network traffic monitor for windows just for learning purposes, i found some old ...

  1. #1
    Registered User mmarab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    30

    Smile Network Traffic Monitor

    Hi,

    I've been looking into developing a network traffic monitor for windows just for learning purposes, i found some old threads in the forum but i didnt find them very helpful. I've been learning windows socket programming and have created a handful of simple server/ client apps. I was wondering what I should start looking at next (API, tutorials etc), so i can get to work on the traffic monitor. Any help would be great.

    Thanks in advance.

    Rob.
    In times of war, shoot!

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    you can go to winpcap site and take a look at several sample codes...

    or download wireshark source code and try to understand the whole working application
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. monitor Http traffic
    By George2 in forum C# Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 11:39 PM
  2. network monitor
    By gebs in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 05:01 AM
  3. thinking about making a network traffic monitor
    By jimjamjahaa in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-13-2005, 11:38 AM
  4. Monitor For Network Disconnect
    By Epo in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 10:35 PM
  5. command-line network monitor
    By rotis23 in forum Linux Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2002, 11:49 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21