RDP with 2wire

This is a discussion on RDP with 2wire within the Networking/Device Communication forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Hey guys, i have not been here in a while. Im surprised i still remember my password. Anyway here is ...

  1. #1
    In your face... ha ha ha Liger86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Motorcity Capital
    Posts
    321

    RDP with 2wire

    Hey guys, i have not been here in a while. Im surprised i still remember my password.

    Anyway here is my problem and if anyone could shine some light that would help.

    I got a 2Wire router/modem with DSL service through ATT hooked up to a fork (small linksys switch) and then i got 5+ comps hooked up to it.

    Problem: no matter what comp i try to get outside IP from they all return same IP which is probably my routers public IP address.

    What im trying to do is remote desktop into one of my computers.

    How can I get each one of my comps hooked up to the router display a different public IP address that is more like my comp and not just my router.

    I can get private IP to work with RDP inside the network, but when trying from outside i need to know individual computers IPs, and all i can get is my routers IP.

    I do have 3389 forwarding to one comp, Im not sure but i think 2Wire can only forward to one comp at a time. Im gonna explore that a bit.

    Thanks gang!
    From Ukraine with love!

    Internationally known widely respected

    - Digitally yourz -

  2. #2
    Hail to the king, baby. Akkernight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Faroe Islands
    Posts
    717
    Is this possible o.O? Doesn't it all have too high security to do this? Or else it seems to me that it might be too easy to hack into others PCs :P Anyways, you should post in tech forum :P
    Currently research OpenGL

  3. #3
    Registered User valaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    RING 0
    Posts
    507
    You can't unless you have multiple IP's assigned to you from your ISP. Is what you should do if you only have one IP and want one computer to act as a public gateway is set it as the DMZ host. Or you can forward ports to the internal IP of your choice from incomming traffic. Once you are connected to one computer, you can connect to anything else through their local IP's.

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,468
    It is possible to configure the VPN connection from the computer behind the NAT to the computer outside the NAT

    Then the remote desktop can use the VPN IP to connect to specific computer
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  5. #5
    In your face... ha ha ha Liger86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Motorcity Capital
    Posts
    321
    Ok, then would 3389 have to be open on both machines or just the one im trying to get into from remote location?
    From Ukraine with love!

    Internationally known widely respected

    - Digitally yourz -

  6. #6
    In your face... ha ha ha Liger86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Motorcity Capital
    Posts
    321
    So, no i finally got it. Even if all my comps on my modem/router are under 1 IP they can be assigned that same IP where ports are forwarded in router setup.

    To add multiple comps i just have to assign a port + 1.

    e.g. If i got a comp under 3389, next comp will be 3390 etc.

    Works good.
    From Ukraine with love!

    Internationally known widely respected

    - Digitally yourz -

  7. #7
    Carnivore ('-'v) Hunter2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,879
    Also look into dyndns.org.

    Very useful if you don't like memorizing your IP address every time it changes.
    Just Google It. √

    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c(")(") This is bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21