Wireless internet help?

This is a discussion on Wireless internet help? within the Networking/Device Communication forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; i am at a friends house where he has a strong wifi signal. the only problem is that he forgot ...

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3

    Wireless internet help?

    i am at a friends house where he has a strong wifi signal. the only problem is that he forgot his security password, so i cant connect. there is a very weak signal from a neighbor. is there anyway i can hack into my friends wifi or find out his password

  2. #2
    Kernel hacker
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Farncombe, Surrey, England
    Posts
    15,677
    I guess that depends on what you want to achieve. Most WLan adapaters have a "reset" button that resets it to factor default settings, including the password settings. But it also resets any other settings that your friend may have done. That would be my approach.

    Note also that it's against the forum rules here to discuss cracking (breaking of passwords and such).

    --
    Mats
    Compilers can produce warnings - make the compiler programmers happy: Use them!
    Please don't PM me for help - and no, I don't do help over instant messengers.

  3. #3
    C++まいる!Cをこわせ!
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    23,009
    Reset the router or consult the router company's support (though they'll likely tell you to reset the router).
    Quote Originally Posted by Adak View Post
    io.h certainly IS included in some modern compilers. It is no longer part of the standard for C, but it is nevertheless, included in the very latest Pelles C versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    You mean it's included as a crutch to help ancient programmers limp along without them having to relearn too much.

    Outside of your DOS world, your header file is meaningless.

  4. #4
    Kernel hacker
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Farncombe, Surrey, England
    Posts
    15,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    Reset the router or consult the router company's support (though they'll likely tell you to reset the router).
    Yes, even if they do know of a backdoor, they probably won't let you know that by simply contacting the tech-support...

    --
    Mats
    Compilers can produce warnings - make the compiler programmers happy: Use them!
    Please don't PM me for help - and no, I don't do help over instant messengers.

  5. #5
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    This has nothing to do with programming - should be moved to Tech...
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Wireless Internet?
    By Mustang1968kid in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-30-2005, 10:12 AM
  2. Internet Problems
    By SirCrono6 in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 10:47 PM
  3. wireless networks
    By metsman20 in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 09:07 PM
  4. XP Internet problems
    By Hunter2 in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-18-2003, 09:56 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21