How can i make a socket client free of DLLs

This is a discussion on How can i make a socket client free of DLLs within the Networking/Device Communication forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; I have a computer that cant have new DLLs registration, if i use Winsock to create a client, will i ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    52

    How can i make a socket client free of DLLs

    I have a computer that cant have new DLLs registration, if i use Winsock to create a client, will i need to install winsock.dll on that computer?

  2. #2
    C++まいる!Cをこわせ! Elysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,167
    All today's Windows versions already have winsock installed, but yes, if you use winsock, you need the winsock dll. But the dll could be placed in the app directory, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adak View Post
    io.h certainly IS included in some modern compilers. It is no longer part of the standard for C, but it is nevertheless, included in the very latest Pelles C versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    You mean it's included as a crutch to help ancient programmers limp along without them having to relearn too much.

    Outside of your DOS world, your header file is meaningless.
    For information on how to enable C++11 on your compiler, look here.
    よく聞くがいい!私は天才だからね! ^_^

  3. #3
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    new DLLs registration
    What does it mean? only com-dll require reqistration.
    Regular dlls work without it
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    43
    probly wants to get around security features

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. socket programming question, closing sockets...
    By ursula in forum Networking/Device Communication
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 05:17 PM
  2. Socket Programming Problem!!!!
    By bobthebullet990 in forum Networking/Device Communication
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 06:36 PM
  3. socket program help
    By mhetfield in forum Networking/Device Communication
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 06:02 AM
  4. Unicode vurses Non Unicode client server application with winsock2 query?
    By dp_76 in forum Networking/Device Communication
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 07:26 AM
  5. socket web client
    By Abila in forum C Programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2003, 04:42 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21