Hi friends! any expert on Linux Ubuntu.
1. I have windows xp on my notebook compaq presario v2000.
2. Wanted to load linux as dual boot.
3. Tried with Suse linux, but there was some blank or black screen problem after installation.
4. Someone suggested Ubuntu linux.
5. Downloaded and burned ubuntu on a cd.
6. But this time during installation during partitioning there was a serious problem.
7. On ubuntu webpage they say for partiioning i will get 4 option, but i got only three options in my cd.
8. The missing option was the most important , which was required for dual boot. " Guided resize and use free space".
9. So i had to abort my Ubuntu installation as using any other option could have effected my current xp installation or might have formated my whole notebook.
10. So any comment why the dual boot partitioning option was absent in my ubuntu cd.
11. Or there is some thing to be activated in my notebook setting to enable dual boot.
12. Waiting for your expert comments.