Wanting to begin programming in general and for Linux.

This is a discussion on Wanting to begin programming in general and for Linux. within the Linux Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; "If you only needed to learn the concepts, then the choice of language is completely irrelevant, since you'll never be ...

  1. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    890
    "If you only needed to learn the concepts, then the choice of language is completely irrelevant, since you'll never be needing to make a program after you learn how."

    Um...no. While they're futzing around with pointers and core dumps and destructors and copy ctors etc, they could be learning variables, functions, looping, etc.

  2. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    2,129
    That's what they learn first anyway.
    Last edited by robwhit; 05-01-2008 at 03:35 PM.

  3. #18
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    That made me laugh.
    The code made me cry when I saw it first time...
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21