Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By anduril462
  • 1 Post By Yarin
  • 1 Post By Yarin
  • 5 Post By Nominal Animal

cboard.cprogramming.com index page hacked

This is a discussion on cboard.cprogramming.com index page hacked within the General Discussions forums, part of the Community Boards category; It looks like the index page for the forums has been hacked by some jokers named "Federal" and "DZ27", who ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    5,555

    cboard.cprogramming.com index page hacked

    It looks like the index page for the forums has been hacked by some jokers named "Federal" and "DZ27", who give "Greets to all Muslim ".

    Hooray for immature punks making a profound public statement by denouncing and impeding those who give their time and effort for free to help people learn.

    A quick Google search show outlookforums.com has be hit as well, I'm guessing it's a vBulletin vulnerability, and they're gonna hit up as many vBulletin sites as possible.

    I just sent an email to webmaster in case he doesn't know about it yet.
    Last edited by anduril462; 08-30-2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: wording
    Matticus and laserlight like this.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    5,555
    If anybody wants to get around this, here are links to the 4 groups, so you can get to any individual forum:
    General Programming Boards
    Platform Specific Boards
    General AI Programming
    Community Boards

  3. #3
    Unregistered User Yarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,665
    Hehe. This has happened once before, but the cracker's defacement was much more well done; I don't remember who it was.
    A class that doesn't overload all operators just isn't finished yet. -- SmugCeePlusPlusWeenie
    A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God. -- Alan J. Perlis

  4. #4
    Unregistered User Yarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by anduril462 View Post
    If anybody wants to get around this, here are links to the 4 groups, so you can get to any individual forum:
    General Programming Boards
    Platform Specific Boards
    General AI Programming
    Community Boards
    Or just http://cboard.cprogramming.com/forum.php
    anduril462 likes this.
    A class that doesn't overload all operators just isn't finished yet. -- SmugCeePlusPlusWeenie
    A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God. -- Alan J. Perlis

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    5,555
    Poorly timed on their part, too, now that I think about it. Friday afternoon is about our slowest time of the week, especially since school still hasn't started back up for everybody.

  6. #6
    Unregistered User Yarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,665
    In case you were wondering, the music they used: would cha3b boughatate rap maroc 2013 (raptv2030) - YouTube
    I half expected the top comment to be "Federal & DZ27 sent me here"
    A class that doesn't overload all operators just isn't finished yet. -- SmugCeePlusPlusWeenie
    A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God. -- Alan J. Perlis

  7. #7
    SAMARAS std10093's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nice, France
    Posts
    2,694
    I was wondering, in case of a hacking attack, the average user, like me for example, can not help at all right? The only ones that can, are the ones that have access to the code of the forum and the servers I think.
    Code - functions and small libraries I use


    It’s 2014 and I still use printf() for debugging.


    "Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute. " —Harold Abelson

  8. #8
    Registered User whiteflags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7,738
    I sent webmaster a PM and accepted that I was useless.

  9. #9
    Unregistered User Yarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by std10093 View Post
    I was wondering, in case of a hacking attack,
    Gawd. It's cracked, not hacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by std10093 View Post
    the average user, like me for example, can not help at all right? The only ones that can, are the ones that have access to the code of the forum and the servers I think.
    Correct, the server admins are the only ones who can fix it.
    The forum code maintainers can only patch the problem, but it won't be fixed for any particular forum until it's updated.
    Elkvis likes this.
    A class that doesn't overload all operators just isn't finished yet. -- SmugCeePlusPlusWeenie
    A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God. -- Alan J. Perlis

  10. #10
    SAMARAS std10093's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nice, France
    Posts
    2,694
    Or I may as well find this red face that was on the screen and force it to undo its actions. ;p
    Code - functions and small libraries I use


    It’s 2014 and I still use printf() for debugging.


    "Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute. " —Harold Abelson

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarin View Post
    Gawd. It's cracked, not hacked.
    Welcome to the Brave New World.

    To demonize "hacking", it is conflated with "cracking".

    To demonize unauthorized filesharing, "piracy" is used.

    To confuse everybody, "intellectual property" is never exactly defined. It means what a lawyer wants it to mean.

    To make it more palatable to people used to capitalism, "patent" is used instead of "monopoly grant".

    While it is usually illegal for someone to pay a retailer not to stock competing products, it is often legal to do that by marking the money "marketing subsidies" and "partner discounts".

    We call corporate media "main-stream media", because the former might wake people up to the reality that most media is owned by a very few interconnected conglomerates, who will only publish stuff that is in their interests, regardless of whether it is "news" or not.

    It is surprising how much the words you use affect how you perceive the world, isn't it?

    And some silly script-kiddies waste their time and effort to exploit weaknesses in public forum software. They could be so much more, yet they choose to be trivial and irritating instead. What a waste.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Nominal Animal View Post
    And some silly script-kiddies waste their time and effort to exploit weaknesses in public forum software.
    Known and documented weaknesses at that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nominal Animal View Post
    They could be so much more, yet they choose to be trivial and irritating instead. What a waste.
    Sorry, but I disagree. The sort of cracking is the online equivalent of painting graffiti. They do it because it doesn't take too much effort, because it visibly thumbs their nose at people, because they are not likely to get caught, and because they don't have the courage or inclination to openly challenge people who frustrate them.

    Now, those who do graffiti often claim they are frustrated artists. And that is rubbish. I know a few genuine frustrated artists, and they are usually frustrated because they have trouble getting materials they need. To address that frustration, they do things productive, such as working for an income so they can get the materials they need. Some offer their services to local communities - free of charge except for materials and permission to do their work in appropriate places - and produce stunning results that improve things for everyone, including themselves. They don't go around using spray cans to mark phone boxes or bus seats. They don't deface anyone's wall or fence.

    The fact that these "script-kiddies" choose to do trivial things actually demonstrates their lack of potential. They grab the low hanging fruit.
    Right 98% of the time, and don't care about the other 3%.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Nominal Animal View Post
    And some silly script-kiddies waste their time and effort to exploit weaknesses in public forum software.
    Known and documented weaknesses at that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nominal Animal View Post
    They could be so much more, yet they choose to be trivial and irritating instead. What a waste.
    Sorry, but I disagree. The sort of cracking is the online equivalent of painting graffiti. They do it because it doesn't take too much effort, because it visibly thumbs their nose at people, because they are not likely to get caught, and because they don't have the courage or inclination to openly challenge people who frustrate them.

    Now, those who do graffiti often claim they are frustrated artists. And that is rubbish. I know a few genuine frustrated artists, and they are usually frustrated because they have trouble getting materials they need. To address that frustration, they do things productive, such as working for an income so they can get the materials they need. Some offer their services to local communities - free of charge except for materials and permission to do their work in appropriate places - and produce stunning results that improve things for everyone, including themselves. They don't go around using spray cans to mark phone boxes or bus seats. They don't deface anyone's wall or fence.

    The fact that these "script-kiddies" choose to do trivial things actually demonstrates their lack of potential. They grab the low hanging fruit.
    Right 98% of the time, and don't care about the other 3%.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Web page reveals the structure of the Cboard cabal
    By brewbuck in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-30-2012, 08:29 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 09:03 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 03:07 AM
  4. FYI: The main web site page got hacked.
    By Dino in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 04:22 AM
  5. store all cboard.cprogramming.com topics
    By w4ck0z in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2004, 03:16 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21