Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Yarin

Programming on Mac?

This is a discussion on Programming on Mac? within the General Discussions forums, part of the Community Boards category; I know this is programming,but which lang to use to program?...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6

    Programming on Mac?

    I know this is programming,but which lang to use to program?

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    I was not aware that Mac requires any specific language
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,490
    mac OSX typically uses Objective-C, and the GUI framework they use is called Cocoa. you can use lots of languages, including C and C++ to write code for mac, but it's usually done with Objective-C. apple provides a free IDE for OSX, called XCode. it's included on the OSX install disc.
    Code:
    namespace life
    {
        const bool change = true;
    }

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,041
    I don't know, in fact, I'm pretty sure nobody knows. It has been suggested that the first macintosh program was actually found in ancient egyptian hieroglyphs in the 1920s (yes, there was a secret government controlled mac available at the time, well before its official release).
    I'm not immature, I'm refined in the opposite direction.

  5. #5
    Unregistered User Yarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMcGee123 View Post
    ... It has been suggested that the first macintosh program was actually found in ancient egyptian hieroglyphs in the 1920s ...
    Written in the Wozniform Script, I believe.
    Elkvis and laserlight like this.
    A class that doesn't overload all operators just isn't finished yet. -- SmugCeePlusPlusWeenie
    A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God. -- Alan J. Perlis

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2012, 01:03 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-11-2011, 03:25 PM
  3. small programming job VCPP / Object Oriented Programming
    By calgonite in forum Projects and Job Recruitment
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 10:48 PM
  4. Total newb to programming here... Question about the many programming languages. Ty!
    By tsubotakid1 in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-05-2003, 10:32 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21