My current position will end in 3 months and I'm trying to figure out what programing language/skills I should pursue? The big factors for me are...
- Money - How much will I get paid and how hard it will be to get a job
- Ease of learning for Front-End/PHP developer
- Prospects for the language in long-run (e.g. some languages might have high pay now but are expected to phase out soon)
- Enjoyment - This is a factor for me though the other 3 are more important(ATM), if enjoyment was the only factor I think I would choose Ruby for sure.
Options I'm considering so far...
- Learn ASP & .NET (I'm seeing ALOT of jobs looking for this in my area)
- Pursue more Ruby (As mentioned I really enjoy this language and have practiced a good amount already)
- Stick with PHP and get better
- Learn C or another variation of C? (I've heard Comp. Sci students learn C first)
- Another language which I haven't mentioned.