I am curious on something...
Is it a good idea to demostrate your C skills in applications before jumping into C++ applications? The gaming world is saying "go with C++" but I'm thinking a good C++ programmer probably knows and demostrated his C skills inside-out before adding OOP hooks.
Some advantages I can think of:
1) You can convert a C application into C++ aka applying OOP.
2) Being restricted to the C subset for a particular project.
3) Maintaining existing C applications.
4) Training yourself to think low-level, aka one idea: writing your own code that outbeats an OOP version that gives better performance.
5) Not freaking out when seeing low-level code.
Anyway, thought I'd get your thoughts so I can confirm I'm not crazy. Thanks.