site policy?

This is a discussion on site policy? within the General Discussions forums, part of the Community Boards category; I wanna to get my fread deleted but the moderotors said it is site policy that they cannot delete it. ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19

    site policy?

    I wanna to get my fread deleted but the moderotors said it is site policy that they cannot delete it. What kind of age do we live in where the person who started the thread has no say weather it stays enternally on the internet for anyone to view or is deleted. Please can i have my thread deleted called "storing players names".

  2. #2
    ATH0 quzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    14,826
    Well it wasn't a particularly offensive thread, and it had useful information. Someone else may learn from it. That's why they keep them around.


    Quzah.
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19
    why wound it matter if it was offenseve it is still my thread i sohuld had a right on if it stays or not surelly/?

  4. #4
    Registered User claudiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,094
    Well , it's not really "your" thread. It's the forum's thread, and by using the forum you automatically agree to let the forum admins deals with such questions. If you are worried about plagiarism or anything like that, perhaps you shouldn't have asked other people to work on your assignment in the first place and check with your instructor if this is acceptable first.

  5. #5
    Guest Sebastiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Waterloo, Texas
    Posts
    5,638
    Quote Originally Posted by billet View Post
    why wound it matter if it was offenseve it is still my thread i sohuld had a right on if it stays or not surelly/?
    Nope. I'm assuming that there are some posts to that thread that you feel might make you look like a plagerist? Just be sure to rewrite everything "in your own words", and you should be fine.

  6. #6
    ATH0 quzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    14,826
    Quote Originally Posted by billet View Post
    why wound it matter if it was offenseve it is still my thread i sohuld had a right on if it stays or not surelly/?
    "Oh man, I just called everyone a jackass, and I used my real name as my username! I wish I could delete that so future employers don't find out what a dork I was!"

    Some people have second thoughts about what they post. You can make a pretty good argument for getting your post removed. Since however it was just "how do I do this"/"this is how", it wasn't anything offensive to anyone, and was more instructive.

    You can argue better for keeping instructive posts online, than you can for keeping offensive posts online (unless you just don't care at all one way or the other and feel like keeping all/getting rid of all indiscriminately). That was my point.


    Quzah.
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19
    Thank you my friend for your kind feedback and calling me a jackass your very intelligent gentlemen. I have been on numerous forums before and can remove your own post/threads yourself why not this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by quzah View Post
    "Oh man, I just called everyone a jackass, and I used my real name as my username! I wish I could delete that so future employers don't find out what a dork I was!"

    Some people have second thoughts about what they post. You can make a pretty good argument for getting your post removed. Since however it was just "how do I do this"/"this is how", it wasn't anything offensive to anyone, and was more instructive.

    You can argue better for keeping instructive posts online, than you can for keeping offensive posts online (unless you just don't care at all one way or the other and feel like keeping all/getting rid of all indiscriminately). That was my point.


    Quzah.

  8. #8
    Registered User claudiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,094
    He didn't call you a jackass. You entitled so yourself. Read his post again.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19
    haha i see what you mean my friend your all so clever and funny here. has you guys used other forums where you can delete posts because i have.

    Quote Originally Posted by claudiu View Post
    He didn't call you a jackass. You entitled so yourself. Read his post again.

  10. #10
    spurious conceit MK27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    segmentation fault
    Posts
    8,300
    Quote Originally Posted by billet View Post
    haha i see what you mean my friend your all so clever and funny here. has you guys used other forums where you can delete posts because i have.
    So I beat my last three girlfriends up, why not this one too? Is this suppose to be some kind of argument? Grow up.

    The question is not whether or not you wrote the thread. The question is whether it is your forum or not. If I walk thru a mall and then demand the CCTV tapes because "it is me on the tape", what do you think the answer is? If you don't want to appear on tape, don't stand in front of the camera.

    If you want to post on billetprogramming.com, you can probably erase your threads as much as you like.
    C programming resources:
    GNU C Function and Macro Index -- glibc reference manual
    The C Book -- nice online learner guide
    Current ISO draft standard
    CCAN -- new CPAN like open source library repository
    3 (different) GNU debugger tutorials: #1 -- #2 -- #3
    cpwiki -- our wiki on sourceforge

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19
    oh your wrong my friend in UK there is a data protection act where you can get yourself removed from CCTV at your request and the goverment cannot stop you. I hope that has helped.

    Quote Originally Posted by MK27 View Post
    So I beat my last three girlfriends up, why not this one too? Is this suppose to be some kind of argument? Grow up.

    The question is not whether or not you wrote the thread. The question is whether it is your forum or not. If I walk thru a mall and then demand the CCTV tapes because "it is me on the tape", what do you think the answer is? If you don't want to appear on tape, don't stand in front of the camera.

    If you want to post on billetprogramming.com, you can probably erase your threads as much as you like.

  12. #12
    Registered User claudiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,094
    Quote Originally Posted by billet View Post
    oh your wrong my friend in UK there is a data protection act where you can get yourself removed from CCTV at your request and the goverment cannot stop you. I hope that has helped.
    Well this is not the UK. Nor does this forum comply to British law!

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19
    yes you are correct again but i am in the UK and anyone in UK can view it.

  14. #14
    Registered User claudiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,094
    Well look, I am going to put aside the fact that I think you are whining for no reason and try to treat you fairly for a second.

    Most likely, admins are going to close your thread because of the big fuss you have made regarding it. (however, I hope they don't!)

    If you didn't want your code or intellectual property public YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE POSTED IT ON A FORUM! CAPISCI? People here don't give a rat's ass about whatever you want to write in your program and just try to provide help IN THEIR OWN SPARE TIME. If you can't appreciate that, you shouldn't be here in the first place. If you are worried about someone else in the UK seeing it perhaps you should have checked with whomever you are concerned might be seeing this in the first place.

    Last of all, I think you are paranoid. Nobody has that much time to waste time looking to "get you" for whatever you posted on some forum.

    I hope you don't take offense at this, but I really can't put it anymore clear than I already have.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    68
    Worst case scenario if you're going to school - your professor or TA sees that you were getting help on this forum. If they have a problem with it - take it to the Dean.

    Nobody is mad at you, it's all cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Compiling errors and using Cmake Set Policy
    By eligor in forum Linux Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 12:43 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21