Question with professional Software Engineers
I am curious as to what it is like to be a programmer/ software engineer. Could you guys explain the typical day in your shoes. Keep in mind, I know nothing about what it's like.
Some basic questions that I can think of:
1. Do you work for one company and go to the same computer everyday? (If so what types of programs are you writing for that one company all the time?)
2. Do you sit in an office? Or is it more like a cubicle with several other people around?
3. Do you mostly work in a group with other programmer? Or do you work alone?
4. How long do most "projects" take? Do you write 1 or 2 programs a day? Or 1 or 2 programs a month?
5. What are some of the most difficult tasks that you've had to face? How did you overcome them? (did you ever have to write something that was too difficult and couldn't do it)?
6. What is the pressure level like? Is there some "Master Software engineer" who is your boss who comes to work everyday just to make sure you guys are getting things done on time? Are there deadlines?
Any of these questions being answered would really be appreciated. I am really curious as to what it's like to be a software engineer for a living and if you would rather have chosen something else now that you know what t's like. Thanks!