I'm considering buying it. I never bought the first one, but heard mixed reviews which generally praised it. In any case Action/RPGs are a type of game I enjoy and am wondering if I'll be missing on Mass Effect 2.
Things that concern me:
- "Too much Plot". I prefer action when playing an action game. If I need to think, I'll play war games.
- "Combat too repetitive". That is, all combat looks like the same, not that there's too much combat. Is the AI smart enough to adopt new tactics in mid-fight? Are there a large number of combat scenarios in which I'm presented with different challenges?
- "Infantile". Is the plot adult-like or does it appeal more to teenagers?
- "RPG Shallowness". Is the game just a slugfest of buildup points, class leveling, uberbuilds and other nonsense, or is there really good opportunities here for levelling strategies?
- "It is only over when I say it is over!". Is there a closed ending? Are DLCs the only way to extend gameplay or the game actually allows you to carry on past the end game?
- "Random". Are things randomly generated? Maps, planets, areas, equipment?