droppinc C, need help deciding between C++ or VB
But now I would like to write programs for Windows XP, instead of basic console apps. I am book seller on Ebay, and here is what I would like to achieve with the Windows program(s):
1. Log into my Ebay account
2. See what items has sold
3. See what has not sold(listing ended)
4. Open Openoffice Calc(spreadsheet) and transfer information from Ebay into the spreadsheet. Maybe even create a database.
5. Print out the address of the buyers to mail to
6. Log into my book distributor account to reorder items that have been sold.
7. Log into my bank & paypal accounts to print statements at the end of the month.
There are lots more things that I would like to achieve, but you get the general idea. I would like to write a program that can manage my Ebay business. And I would also like to write other Windows programs, like a timer program to let me know how long I've been online, and to sound an alarm after a preset time.
Ok, finally to the point of the thread...
I've read about the complexities of C++, and I've also read about how easy VB is as a language. I don't want a steep learning curve(although if there is no choice with either language, I don't have a problem with that), and I also don't want to become uber elite in either languages.
So the million dollar question is:
Does my C knowledge make it easier to learn C++ faster than VB, or is VB so simple that I can learn and get things dones way before C++? I really don't want this to be a debate((language war)) about the power of C++ vs VB, just whether my prior C experience will make learning one language easier than the other.
Thanks in advance! :D
EDIT: And I'll add that I've been programming in C for about 7-8 months, so I am not exactly a pro at it!