Sebastian's Mexitalian Salad (1 serving)
Red romaine lettuce : 1/2 head : rinsed well and cut into bite-sized pieces
Red onion : 1/4 cup : very finely chopped
Roma tomato : 1/4 cup : finely chopped
Avocado : 1/2 cup or more : cut into small cubes
Fresh jalepeno : 1/4 - 2 teaspoon (to taste) : finely chopped (with seeds)
Fresh garlic: 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon (to taste) : very finely chopped
Parmesan cheese : 1/4 - 1/2 cup : freshly grated from block into fine threads
Olive oil : 1/4 cup : (don't worry - it's good for you!)
White vinegar : 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon (to taste)
White sugar : 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon (to taste)
Dark brown sugar : 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon (to taste)
Salt : to taste
Pepper: to taste
1) Rinse and cut vegetables. Wear gloves when handling jalepeno!
2) Combine olive oil, vinegar, sugars, salt, pepper, jalepeno, and garlic into bowl and mix vigorously, tasting and adjusting flavors as necessary.
3) Add tomato, onion, and parmesan, and mix well. If possible, let mixture stand for 5 minutes or so.
4) Add lettuce and avocado and toss gently, making sure to coat all of the vegetables completely.
5) Enjoy as is, or top with chicken, bacon, oranges, nuts, or whatever else suits your fancy!