Download OpenGL SDK

This is a discussion on Download OpenGL SDK within the Game Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Hey, im planing to make a game in OpenGL but where can i download the SDK? please provoide with a ...

  1. #1
    C++ Learner! XelleX90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    9

    Download OpenGL SDK

    Hey, im planing to make a game in OpenGL but where can i download the SDK?

    please provoide with a direct link:P

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    Couldn't you find your own avatar?
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    C++ Learner! XelleX90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    9
    nope didnt find a small one :P i can remove it if it bothers you

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    Of course it bothers me... Use your brain... and paint
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  5. #5
    C++ Learner! XelleX90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    9
    well, i got a new (own made lol) but the avatar wasnt my question, could any one please give me a link?

  6. #6
    and the hat of wrongness Salem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The edge of the known universe
    Posts
    32,537
    > please provoide with a direct link:P
    How would we possibly know which compiler you're using.
    Or operating system for that matter.

    What search terms have you tried already?
    If you dance barefoot on the broken glass of undefined behaviour, you've got to expect the occasional cut.
    If at first you don't succeed, try writing your phone number on the exam paper.
    I support http://www.ukip.org/ as the first necessary step to a free Europe.

  7. #7
    The Right Honourable psychopath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where circles begin.
    Posts
    1,070
    OpenGL doesn't have an SDK like DirectX. If you're using windows, the required headers and libraries should already be installed.
    Memorial University of Newfoundland
    Computer Science

    Mac and OpenGL evangelist.

  8. #8
    C++ Learner! XelleX90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    9
    I use Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition and im running Windows (Vista if that has any matter)
    i dont have the grafics.h ........ that uses OpenGL
    Last edited by XelleX90; 12-25-2006 at 09:25 AM.

  9. #9
    Cat without Hat CornedBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,893
    "grafics.h"? Even assuming you mean "graphics.h", that is no OpenGL header. It is, if I remember correctly, a proprietary header provided by old Borland compilers to give access to some rudimentary graphical capabilities.

    OpenGL's main header is "GL/gl.h". The Platform SDK should contain it, although an old version. I would actually recommend the OpenGL Extension Wrangler ( http://glew.sf.net/ ) to get access to all the OpenGL stuff.
    All the buzzt!
    CornedBee

    "There is not now, nor has there ever been, nor will there ever be, any programming language in which it is the least bit difficult to write bad code."
    - Flon's Law

  10. #10
    Frequently Quite Prolix dwks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,046
    Nehe's OpenGL tutorials are essential. http://nehe.gamedev.net/
    dwk

    Seek and ye shall find. quaere et invenies.

    "Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it." -- Alan Perlis
    "Testing can only prove the presence of bugs, not their absence." -- Edsger Dijkstra
    "The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing." -- John Powell


    Other boards: DaniWeb, TPS
    Unofficial Wiki FAQ: cpwiki.sf.net

    My website: http://dwks.theprogrammingsite.com/
    Projects: codeform, xuni, atlantis, nort, etc.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. OpenGL Window
    By Morgul in forum Game Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2005, 12:34 PM
  2. sdk || directx || opengl || graphic programming ...
    By enjoy in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 08:44 AM
  3. Question..
    By pode in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-19-2004, 06:05 PM
  4. OpenGL .dll vs video card dll
    By Silvercord in forum Game Programming
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-12-2003, 06:57 PM
  5. Other Download Sites for DirectX 8.1 SDK
    By compjinx in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2002, 01:12 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21