Well, after a lot of work I have decided to release a very early Alpha of my game project I am working on.
Currently none of the art is mine, although I am having a friend draw up some animation sequences for me. At the current moment all the art I am using is from other (pirated) sources. The tree is from Age of Empires. The wraith is from StarCraft. The grass is from Civilization II.
I started out using an isometric tile set (and you can still see evidence of that if you open up tiles4.bmp), but I have recently switched to a square tile set because the math for isometric tiles is horrid. Just converting between grid coordinates and world coordinates is horrid. I dont want to have to deal with all that. Square coordinates are so much easier and faster.
Once my friend gets his animation sequences to me I will start implementing my own unique units instead of using art from other games. Meanwhile I am going to optimize my pathfinding. I am using A* except for one detail I took out of the end of the algorithm which helps him to find a smarter path, so the wraith doesnt find the smartest paths right now. I will add in that detail so he can find better paths.
Once I do that I will start working on implementing buildings and more units, and also work on interface design.
Anyways, here is the link:
Just click on the wraith to select him (a yellow box will appear under him), and the right click on the map to move him around. Left click anywhere on the map to deselect the wraith.