Hey everyone, I'm trying to start an article that will be both informative and fun to read.
What my plan is, is to get as many people's input on whatever there is about programming that they've done, learned, to get where they are right now. This article is going to be aimed at people who have just recently decided to enter the game development world, and aren't sure where to start.
Now, like I said above, don't flame me if there's already an article like this, I haven't seen one, so hopefully this one'll be unique.
Ok, now the questions (I am going to be answering some of these questions myself, lol, but I need as much input as I can get):
1) How did you start programming?
2) How old were you when you started programming?
3) How old are you now?
4) What was your first programming language?
5) How many games have you made and what types?
6) What did you mainly study in High School/College?
7) Which college did you go to, if any?
8) Why did you start programming?
9) Why do you program?
10) How long does it take for an average game to be developed?
11) How much money have you made, if any, off of your games?
12) How much prior experience should you have if you want to start programming?
I got most of those questions from non-programmers, so I tried to keep them as "un-biased" as I could, lol. If you feel like you want to contribute to this article/essay, just reply here and answer as many of the questions as you can.
thanks in advance for the input