All I know is fundamental C programming, I'm just a beginner.
Lately I've came up with this idea: a very basic software allowing a set number of users to play a classic dice-rolling rpg.
Basically all that it should be able to do is:
- allow the Dungeon Master to show pictures on screen (and maybe move around some of them, like let's say in combat situations, updating the results real-time for other players)
- allow the players to virtually throw dices
- simple chatting functions.
I perfectly know that my current knowledge is abslutely insufficient for such a thing. So I was wondering if somebody could point me out some resources, or at least directions, that would serve me as a good starting point in learning the skills I need.
In particular, I am intresting in learning the basics of:
- graphic user interfaces and implementation of code into them
- network (internet) programming concepts
Best would be to find some tutorials about how to make small applications around those subjects, but every suggestion is highly appreciated ^^ !
(Since the software is kinda like a game, I posted this here. Hope it is fine...)