Hi... this is not a game; rather, it is me asking for help related to a game.
I have decided to attempt to "solve" a board game.
I would like to design a program that will help this become relatively easy by creating a huge, visual tree of moves. I won't say which board game this is, for it is a really competitive game, and I want to be able to gain an edge by using this to help with studying.
A few things about this:
1. I want someone to explain to me how to create a menu that allows me to save this tree, create new nodes, delete existing nodes, etc.
2. If possible, the program must be able to fit onto a flash drive (about 3 gigabytes of memory left on it), so I don't want anything huge memory-wise (I use many computers and it helps to be mobile).
3. I have no idea how to write programs that use clicking instead of the keyboard. A useful explanation would help.
4. I don't want anyone to write the program for me; no source code please, unless it helps with the explanation.
5. I would also like the visuals to adjust automatically when new nodes are fitted in, so that the variations would not collide. Also note that this program will need a huge amount of scrolling, both horizontally and vertically.
This is not "homework". This is simply a personal idea that I would love to succeed with.
Thanks in advance for the help.
P.S. I use C++ code.
Also, I need to know how to turn it from a project in a compiler to an actual .exe program.