I am looking for a listview control similar to C# 2005 Express's built-in one, but that displays larger icons. I need it to display the icons about the same size as on the windows desktop.
Does anyone know where if something like this exists, and where I can download it?
It does in Large icon mode.
I tried that but it doesnt make the icons any larger. I tried making the image itself bigger, but it still displays them very small, about 10x15 pixels.
Have you tried creating an instance of the ImageList class with your large icons as the collection?
You could then set this as the ImageList for the Listview's LargeImageList property.
I did that but it still shows small icons. Maybe thats its proper size, but it looks very small to me, and its the same size as the small images in the listview. Isn't there another control I can download that shows the icons in their proper size? I want to use it to create a windows explorer-like interface, thats why I need the large icons.
1) Create an ImageList object
2) Set the ImageSize to 64x64 or whatever <-- this is probably what you missed
3) Set the ColorDepth to 32bit
4) Add the desired Images (or add dynamically at runtime)
5) Create a ListView object
6) make sure View is set to LargeIcon (usually is by default)
7) Set the LargeImageList to the image list created above
8) Add the desired Items (or add dynamically at runtime)
The images added will all be resized to the size you set above, regardless of their original size
Awesome, it works! Thanks!