Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By VirtualAce

Export data to excel

This is a discussion on Export data to excel within the C# Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Hello guys, i'm kinda new to c#, i wanna create a program which will take few data from GUI and ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    66

    Export data to excel

    Hello guys, i'm kinda new to c#, i wanna create a program which will take few data from GUI and export it into an excel file. Another thing is how to modify the data displacement in that particular excel file? Thanks in advance guys

  2. #2
    Confused Magos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,145
    Check out Open XML SDK:
    Download Open XML SDK 2.0 for Microsoft Office from Official Microsoft Download Center

    Another way is to use Excel interop, but that will require Office/Excel to be installed on the computer you run the program on.
    MagosX.com

    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

  3. #3
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,471
    Why not to export to CVS which could be opened by excel and any over Spreadsheet application?
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator VirtualAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    9,590
    Comma separated value (CSV) file format is by far the easiest way to export data to excel. I believe this is what vart was referring to instead of source control software or a pharmacy chain.
    vart likes this.

  5. #5
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,471
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualAce View Post
    Comma separated value (CSV) file format is by far the easiest way to export data to excel. I believe this is what vart was referring to instead of source control software or a pharmacy chain.
    yeah, sorry There are too many 3 letter acronyms...
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by vart View Post
    yeah, sorry There are too many 3 letter acronyms...
    Get a government or military job. Your head will explode.

  7. #7
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,471
    Thanks but I have enough as it is with all this IMS RFC GCF LTE IMTC 3GPP RCS TIP XDM flying around on my day to day work
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. [C] Need help to export data to excel
    By daydreamin in forum C Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2013, 03:37 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 07:04 AM
  3. Sending Data to Excel with C++
    By chopshardiman in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 11:24 AM
  4. Datagrid Export to MS Excel with C++ .NET
    By Gerudom in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 07:58 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21