Shuffle and Deal Cards

This is a discussion on Shuffle and Deal Cards within the C# Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; I need to make a program that shuffles a deck of cards and simply deals them into 4 hands as ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43

    Shuffle and Deal Cards

    I need to make a program that shuffles a deck of cards and simply deals them into 4 hands
    as soon as the program starts it will list something like this:
    D9 H5 S10 C4 DJ C10 DA H2 D8 H10 D7 S9 HQ
    and 3 more rows of 13

    i have got this working correctly but is there anyway i could do it with a double array without using the constant characters. here is my code:

    Code:
    #include <stdio.h>
    #include <stdlib.h>
    #include <time.h>
    #include <conio.h>
    
    void shuffle( int wdeck[][13]);
    void deal( const int wdeck[][13], const char *wface[],
    	 const char *wsuit[]);
    void pair( int a[]);
    	
    		  
    int main()
    {
    	const char *suit[4] = {"H", "D", "C", "S"};
    
    	const char *face[13] = {"A", "2", "3", "3", "5",
    		"6", "7", "8", "9", "10", "J", "Q", "K"};
    
    	int deck[4][13] ={0};
    
    	srand( time(0));
    
    	shuffle(deck);
    	deal(deck, face, suit);
    
    
    	return 0;
    
    }
    
    void shuffle(int wdeck[][13])
    {
    	int row;
    	int column;
    	int card;
    
    	for(card = 1; card <= 52; card++) {
    		do {
    			row = rand() % 4;
    			column = rand() % 13;
    		}while(wdeck [row] [column] !=0);
    
    		wdeck [row] [column] = card;
    	}
    }
    
    void deal(const int wdeck[][13], const char *wface[], 
    		  const char *wsuit[])
    {
    	int card;
    	int row;
    	int column;
    
    
    	for ( card = 1; card <= 52; card++ ) {
    		
    		for ( row = 0; row <= 3; row++ ){
    
    			for ( column = 0; column <=12; column++ ){
    
    				if ( wdeck[row][column] == card ) {
    
    					printf("%5s%-8s%\n", wface[column], wsuit[row],
    					card % 52 == 0 );
    					
    					
    				}		
    			}
    		}
    	}_getch();
    }

  2. #2
    Registered User Aran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    1,301
    This is C++.

    Please ask a moderator to move it to the C++ forum, or delete it and repost it there.

  3. #3
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,456
    Actually - this is C

    On the C board I have just now answered question - how to allocated 2D dynamic array base on user input
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43
    where have you done this array

  5. #5
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,456
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Shuffle Cards and Deal
    By killmequick in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 10:53 PM
  2. Deck Shuffle
    By pjharris in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-06-2006, 03:59 PM
  3. Card shuffle and deal want to put on Stack
    By sugie in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-12-2005, 07:40 PM
  4. Creating a blackjack game
    By JoshR in forum Game Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 11:27 PM
  5. I need some help with dealing cards.
    By collegegal in forum C Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2002, 09:13 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21