C# XML and thread tutorial

This is a discussion on C# XML and thread tutorial within the C# Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Hello everyone, I am looking for two tutorials, one for C# XML and the other for C# thread. I have ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,579

    C# XML and thread tutorial

    Hello everyone,


    I am looking for two tutorials, one for C# XML and the other for C# thread. I have performend search, but all I found are comprehensive ones, which involves other materials making the samples too big.

    Do you have any ones to recommend which are dealing with pure XML rendering and pure threading control s much as possible?

    BTW: I am a beginner with C# and my book does not cover the two topics too much.


    thanks in advance,
    George

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    27
    Threading in C#
    http://www.albahari.com/threading/

    Is that like what you were looking for?

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,579
    Cool, CornyKorn21!


    This is what I am looking for, do you have any XML related stuff? What I want to learn is C# XML SDK/API.

    Quote Originally Posted by CornyKorn21 View Post
    Threading in C#
    http://www.albahari.com/threading/

    Is that like what you were looking for?

    regards,
    George

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by George2 View Post
    Cool, CornyKorn21!


    This is what I am looking for, do you have any XML related stuff? What I want to learn is C# XML SDK/API.




    regards,
    George
    Sorry I don't have any XML stuff. Doing a study on multithreading this quarter which is the only reason I have the thread link.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,579
    Thanks all the same, CornyKorn21!


    Quote Originally Posted by CornyKorn21 View Post
    Sorry I don't have any XML stuff. Doing a study on multithreading this quarter which is the only reason I have the thread link.

    regards,
    George

  6. #6
    Registered User Aran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    1,301
    Do you want a tutorial on C# 3.5? You should look up LINQ in that case. LINQ's basically a query language you can use to parse through xml. If you know SQL it's pretty easy to learn, though it is different in some important ways.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,579
    Thanks Aran,


    I just need an XML parser. I want to reuse my knowledge of DOM or other XML parser. Do you know whether C# has similar things?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post
    Do you want a tutorial on C# 3.5? You should look up LINQ in that case. LINQ's basically a query language you can use to parse through xml. If you know SQL it's pretty easy to learn, though it is different in some important ways.

    regards,
    George

  8. #8
    Registered User Aran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    1,301
    Search MSDN for "X-DOM". That's the parser that C# 3.0+ uses. You can then navigate the DOM tree that it generates via LINQ or through the methods that X-DOM provides.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,579
    Thanks Aran,


    I have found a similar document and want to share here. It uses XMLDocument and XPATH, and it could satisfy the need.

    I think it should have similar or the same functionalities of X-DOM + LINQ?

    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/myXPath.aspx

    Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post
    Search MSDN for "X-DOM". That's the parser that C# 3.0+ uses. You can then navigate the DOM tree that it generates via LINQ or through the methods that X-DOM provides.

    regards,
    George

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. XML writing and bzr hanging
    By dwks in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 03:31 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21