Read Webpage

This is a discussion on Read Webpage within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; I am trying to write a program that will read data from a web page. but i am having trouble ...

  1. #1
    Registered Abuser Loic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    115

    Read Webpage

    I am trying to write a program that will read data from a web page. but i am having trouble getting it to read the page. am i doing this correctly?

    Code:
    	FILE *input; 
    	input=fopen("http://loic.net.au/","r");
    	char buffer[200];
    	fread(buffer,1,200,input);
    this is really just a stab in the dark.. Please help

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mountaintop, Pa
    Posts
    1,059
    You may want to use InternetOpenUrl and InternetReadFile

  3. #3
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    If this is C - you should use appropriate forum
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. How can I know the actual bytes read in a file read
    By pliang in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 04:23 PM
  2. What Would You Use To Read User Input?
    By djwicks in forum C Programming
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 03:32 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 01:46 PM
  4. Read Array pro!!Plz help!!
    By Supra in forum C Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2002, 02:49 PM
  5. Help! Can't read decimal number
    By Unregistered in forum C Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2001, 02:09 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21