C++ library supported DLL

This is a discussion on C++ library supported DLL within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Hello everyone, Are there some formal documents about which physical files contain C++ related libraries' implementation on Windows (i.e. something ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,579

    C++ library supported DLL

    Hello everyone,


    Are there some formal documents about which physical files contain C++ related libraries' implementation on Windows (i.e. something like mscvp*, to run and build C++ application, all required static lib, import lib and DLL)?

    How about the physical files for C (i.e. CRT) and for all Windows API?

    BTW: maybe my question should be asked in another way -- the frequently used DLLs (like user32.dll) and related functions, import libraries and static libraies for Windows platform?


    thanks in advance,
    George

  2. #2
    Kernel hacker
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Farncombe, Surrey, England
    Posts
    15,677
    Huh? What are you actually asking for?

    Which DLL and which header file you need for a particular function is documented in the builtin help and MSDN for all Windows and C Runtime functions. The library file you need is the same name as the DLL.

    --
    Mats
    Compilers can produce warnings - make the compiler programmers happy: Use them!
    Please don't PM me for help - and no, I don't do help over instant messengers.

  3. #3
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    Quote Originally Posted by matsp View Post
    The library file you need is the same name as the DLL.
    Mats
    It not necessary be the same - but in most pages it will be listed as well at the end of page:
    Requirements
    Client Requires Windows Vista.
    Server Requires Windows Server 2008.
    Header Declared in Http.h.

    Library Use Httpapi.lib.

    DLL Requires Httpapi.dll.
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,579
    Thanks matsp and vart!


    My question is answered.

    Quote Originally Posted by vart View Post
    It not necessary be the same - but in most pages it will be listed as well at the end of page:

    regards,
    George

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 09:06 PM
  2. dll communicating between each other
    By cloudy in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-17-2005, 02:20 AM
  3. DLL and std::string woes!
    By Magos in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 12:34 PM
  4. DLL __cdecl doesnt seem to work?
    By Xei in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-21-2002, 04:36 PM
  5. Exporting Object Hierarchies from a DLL
    By andy668 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2001, 01:26 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21