Uncaught exception

This is a discussion on Uncaught exception within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Hello everyone, Just want to check whether my understanding is correct, Both (1) and (2) only covers Windows C++ platform. ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,579

    Uncaught exception

    Hello everyone,


    Just want to check whether my understanding is correct,

    Both (1) and (2) only covers Windows C++ platform.

    1. If there is uncaught exception, destructor is not ensured to be called for active object;

    2. All the resources (handles, memory, etc.) for current process will be released when uncaught exception causing process to terminate.


    thanks in advance,
    George

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    About 2 - It should be... But not always true...
    Several times I had problems opening Com-port after crash of the application while the com-port was already opened
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,579
    Thanks vart,


    How about your point of 1?

    Quote Originally Posted by vart View Post
    About 2 - It should be... But not always true...
    Several times I had problems opening Com-port after crash of the application while the com-port was already opened

    regards,
    George

  4. #4
    The larch
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,573
    Wasn't question 1 discussed in a thread you started recently?
    I might be wrong.

    Thank you, anon. You sure know how to recognize different types of trees from quite a long way away.
    Quoted more than 1000 times (I hope).

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,579
    Hi anon,


    I think the answer is yes, destructor is not ensured to be called.

    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Wasn't question 1 discussed in a thread you started recently?

    regards,
    George

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Exception handling in a large project
    By EVOEx in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 06:33 AM
  2. exception handling
    By coletek in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 04:28 PM
  3. uncaught exception handlers
    By George2 in forum C# Programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 08:50 AM
  4. Signal and exception handling
    By nts in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 01:36 PM
  5. Problem with the exception class in MINGW
    By indigo0086 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 12:12 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21