Please help me install this C++ Compiler
I'm new to programming and I have no idea what I'm doing yet. I need to install this compiler so I can follow along with my beginning book (C++ without Fear) but the directions for installation are not that clear to me. I have cut and pasted the directions from the readme text file below:
To install the compiler and development environment from within
a DOS environment or Windows MS-DOS window:
1. From the root directory of your C drive, create a DJGPP directory:
2. Change directory to djgpp.
3. Copy the contents of the root directory of the CD. (This assumes
that your CD uses a D: drive letter; use whatever drive letter is
4. Use unzip32.exe to decompress all the binary files.
5. Your compiler and development environment should now be installed!
I have found the root directory of the C drive but I don't know how to create a DJGPP directory.
My Yahoo ID is: email@example.com - if it will be easier to walk me through that way.