Creating a static library that depends on other libraries
I'm certain this can't be the easiest way, but this is what I did:
This worked and created a static library I am successfully using. I'm just wondering if there is a better way to do this while still not having to rely on any of the dependencies beign present on the box that will use the static library I created. Thanks.
- created a directory for each of the libraries I needed, for example:
- ./dep/curl, ./dep/ssl, etc...
- copied to the above dirs the corresponding static libraries
- unarchived each library, for example:
- cd ./dep/curl && ar vx libcurl.a
- Compiled my static library I created to object files
- Executed the following command to complete the new static library:
- ar rcs mylib.a *.o ./dep/curl/*.o ./dep/ssl/*.o (and so on with the other dependencies)