pointers

This is a discussion on pointers within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; i am a beginner may i know diff between int *x and int* x...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3

    pointers

    i am a beginner may i know diff between

    int *x
    and
    int* x

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    no diff - compiler ignores spaces - they are just for readability by the programmer
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    C++ Witch laserlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    21,744
    You might also want to read what Stroustrup has to say about this whitespace and positioning.
    C + C++ Compiler: MinGW port of GCC
    Version Control System: Bazaar

    Look up a C++ Reference and learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Using pointers to pointers
    By steve1_rm in forum C Programming
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 05:59 AM
  2. function pointers
    By benhaldor in forum C Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 10:56 AM
  3. Request for comments
    By Prelude in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 09:33 AM
  4. Staticly Bound Member Function Pointers
    By Polymorphic OOP in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-28-2002, 12:18 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21