what are these errors?

This is a discussion on what are these errors? within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; i wanted to test how the palindrome program works with a stack/queue setup and the website i found that lists ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4

    what are these errors?

    i wanted to test how the palindrome program works with a stack/queue setup and the website i found that lists each file and such i simply copy/paste into visual studio and when i try to run it i get these errors

    please help with what they are

    1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall QueType::~QueType(void)" (??1QueType@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function _main
    1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall QueType:equeue(char &)" (?Dequeue@QueType@@QAEXAAD@Z) referenced in function _main
    1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall QueType::IsEmpty(void)const " (?IsEmpty@QueType@@QBE_NXZ) referenced in function _main
    1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall QueType::Enqueue(char)" (?Enqueue@QueType@@QAEXD@Z) referenced in function _main
    1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall QueType::QueType(int)" (??0QueType@@QAE@H@Z) referenced in function _main
    1

    here it the queue file which is where these errors appear to be originating
    Code:
    class FullQueue
    {};  
    
    class EmptyQueue
    {};  
    
    typedef char ItemType;
    class QueType
    {
    public: 
    	QueType();
    	// Class constructor.
    	// Because there is a default constructor, the precondition 
    	// that the queue has been initialized is omitted.
    	QueType(int max);
    	// Parameterized class constructor.
    	~QueType();
    	// Class destructor.
    	void MakeEmpty();
    	// Function: Initializes the queue to an empty state.
    	// Post: Queue is empty.
    	bool IsEmpty() const;
    	// Function: Determines whether the queue is empty.
    	// Post: Function value = (queue is empty)
    	bool IsFull() const;
    	// Function: Determines whether the queue is full.
    	// Post: Function value = (queue is full)
    	void Enqueue(ItemType newItem);
    	// Function: Adds newItem to the rear of the queue.
    	// Post: If (queue is full) FullQueue exception is thrown
    	//	   else newItem is at rear of queue.
    	void Dequeue(ItemType& item);
    	// Function: Removes front item from the queue and returns it in item.
    	// Post: If (queue is empty) EmptyQueue exception is thrown
    	//	   and item is undefined
    	//	   else front element has been removed from queue and
    	//	   item is a copy of removed element.
    private:
    	int front;
    	int rear;
    	ItemType* items;
    	int maxQue;
    };

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    Do you have implementation for these functions?
    Do you link this file (with implementations) together with your main.cpp file?
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. global namespace errors
    By stubaan in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 04:11 PM
  2. Ten Errors
    By AverageSoftware in forum Contests Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 11:50 AM
  3. Stupid compiler errors
    By ChrisEacrett in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-30-2003, 05:44 PM
  4. Help me with these errors... :-(
    By major_small in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 09:18 PM
  5. errors in class(urgent)
    By ayesha in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2001, 06:51 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21