Where should I link?

This is a discussion on Where should I link? within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Hi, I'm trying to build a DirectX program. I get linking error: main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _Direct3DCreate9@4 ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    62

    Where should I link?

    Hi, I'm trying to build a DirectX program. I get linking error:

    main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _Direct3DCreate9@4 referenced in function _WinMain@16

    I get the error using this line of code:

    g_D3D = Direct3DCreate9( D3D_SDK_VERSION);

    Where should I link?

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    add lib of the Direct3D to the project settings
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Linked List, Please Help!
    By CodeMonkeyZ in forum C Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 06:23 AM
  2. I'm confused about link lists (again)
    By JFonseka in forum C Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 09:13 PM
  3. Function to check memory left from malloc and free?
    By Lechx in forum C Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 06:45 AM
  4. Link Error
    By Luigi in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2004, 08:12 PM
  5. Request for comments
    By Prelude in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 10:33 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21