printing out the unique numbers

This is a discussion on printing out the unique numbers within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; heya, i am making a program that prints out the unique numbers entered, for example if u enter 10 20 ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    86

    printing out the unique numbers

    heya, i am making a program that prints out the unique numbers entered, for example if u enter 10 20 10 30 30 it would print : 10 20 30

    this is my code

    Code:
    #include <iostream>
    using std::cout;
    using std::endl;
    using std::cin;
    
    
    /* FUNCTION PROTOTYPES */
    /****************************************************************************/
    void print_Array (int [], int );
    
    /****************************************************************************/
    
    
    int main ()
    {
      const int size = 10;
      int Readin_Array[size] = {0};
      int Final_Array[size]  = {0};
      int temp = 0;
      int controller = 0;
    
    
      cout <<"Please enter 10 numbers.in range 10-100"<<endl;
      for (int x = 0; x<size; x++)
      {
        cout <<"please enter number "<< x+1 <<": ";
        cin  >> temp;
        while (temp > 100 || temp < 10)
        {
          cout <<"the number must be between 10 and 100."<<endl;
          cin >> temp;
        }
        Readin_Array[x] = temp;
      }
    
      for (int x = 0; x<size; x++)
      {
        int Hold = Readin_Array[x];
        int Count = 0;
    
        while (Count <= size )
        {
          if (Final_Array[Count] == Hold )
          {
            controller = 1;
          }
          Count++;
        }
    
        if (controller !=  1)
        {
         
          Final_Array[x] = Hold;
    
        }
    
      }
    
      cout << endl;
      cout <<"Unique numbers:" << endl;
      print_Array (Final_Array,size);
    
    }
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    /* FUNCTION BODIES */
    /****************************************************************************/
    /****************************************************************************/
    void print_Array (int Array[], int size)
    {
      for (int x = 0; x<size; x++)
      {
        cout <<"\t"<<  Array[x] ;
        if (x == 9){cout << endl;}
      }
    }

    there is a problem, i cant get the final_array to be filled. :/ i dont rly know what i have done wrong

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    int controller = 0; should be inside loop :
    Code:
    for (int x = 0; x<size; x++)
      {
         int controller = 0; 
        int Hold = Readin_Array[x];
    also the problem can be in the way how you print the array (the function is not shown here)
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by vart
    int controller = 0; should be inside loop :
    Code:
    for (int x = 0; x<size; x++)
      {
         int controller = 0; 
        int Hold = Readin_Array[x];
    also the problem can be in the way how you print the array (the function is not shown here)

    k that worked great y does controller actually needs to be declaired inside the for loop body?

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    it should be reinitialized on each iteration
    and because itiis not used outside the loop - it is better to declare it inside the loop

    each var should have smallest possible scope to prevent various errors of using incorrect and not initialized values
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Adding Line numbers in Word
    By Mister C in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-24-2004, 08:45 PM
  2. printing only prime numbers
    By Micko in forum C Programming
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-10-2004, 10:23 PM
  3. the definition of a mathematical "average" or "mean"
    By DavidP in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-03-2002, 10:15 AM
  4. Line Numbers in VI and/or Visual C++ :: C++
    By kuphryn in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2002, 09:54 PM
  5. A (complex) question on numbers
    By Unregistered in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-03-2002, 05:38 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21