Tape Drive - Check Tape Is Loaded

This is a discussion on Tape Drive - Check Tape Is Loaded within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Hi, I want to write a program to check if a tape is loaded in an Internal SCSI tape drive ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    35

    Question Tape Drive - Check Tape Is Loaded

    Hi,

    I want to write a program to check if a tape is loaded in an Internal SCSI tape drive (HP) on a windows 2003 system.

    Is there a way I can communicate with the tape drive to check the status of the tape?

    Thanks

    Mike

    Using MS Visual Studio 6

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    As I understand that tape can support TAPEalert API. Cannot be sure, but you can search inet and your docs and check it...

    And then - you should look for the info about this API...
    I for example found this piece of code http://www.koders.com/c/fidBD621F815...DDBF77D8F.aspx

    Haven't read it thoughoutly, so cannot say how much it can be useful to you...
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. BN_CLICKED, change button style
    By bennyandthejets in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 11:42 PM
  2. HELP!!!!emergency Problem~expert please help
    By unknowppl in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 06:41 PM
  3. HELP!!!!emergency ~expert please help
    By unknowppl in forum C Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 07:35 AM
  4. Strange bunch of DLLs loaded
    By willkoh in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 02:03 PM
  5. writing/reading from file produces double results.
    By stumon in forum C Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-20-2003, 03:01 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21