Double Quotations and Angled Brackets in Include

This is a discussion on Double Quotations and Angled Brackets in Include within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Hi all, I just downloaded a header library from the Internet, and it uses angled brackets instead of quotation marks ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    271

    Double Quotations and Angled Brackets in Include

    Hi all,

    I just downloaded a header library from the Internet, and it uses angled brackets instead of quotation marks when including custom headers. I'm also using VC++ 2003.

    Code:
    #include <tclap/SwitchArg.h>
    #include <tclap/MultiSwitchArg.h>
    
    ...
    The only way I can get the compiler past a particular include statement without throwing an error is if I change the angled brackets to quotation marks. Of course, I could do this by going through all the header files and editing them, but is there some kind of option I can tweak in VC++ 2003 to make it interpret <tclap/SwitchArg.h> as "tclap/SwitchArg.h"? Or do I have to move the entire library to the VC++ library folder?

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    I think you can try to add the directory where the tclap folder is located to the INCLUDE path of your project. Maybe it will help
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    271
    Thanks. Took me a while to find it, but yes, it was there.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21