question on C++ books

This is a discussion on question on C++ books within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Hey, everyone... I am new in C++. I have studied C years ago but never really had the chance to ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, AR
    Posts
    91

    Wink question on C++ books

    Hey, everyone...
    I am new in C++. I have studied C years ago but never really had the chance to explore it. So I would like to start programming again, leisurely that is, and start with C++.
    Does any of you have recommendations on a good book to start on? I have also noticed that there are books available with cd compilers. Are those sufficient enough for me to run some basic programs or would I still need a different linker?
    Thank you and happy programming!

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    and the hat of int overfl Salem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The edge of the known universe
    Posts
    32,824
    You mean these books listed at the top of the forum?
    C++ Book Recommendations

    Or some other books
    If you dance barefoot on the broken glass of undefined behaviour, you've got to expect the occasional cut.
    If at first you don't succeed, try writing your phone number on the exam paper.
    I support http://www.ukip.org/ as the first necessary step to a free Europe.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. another do while question
    By kbpsu in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 01:14 PM
  2. opengl DC question
    By SAMSAM in forum Game Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 09:22 PM
  3. Very simple question, problem in my Code.
    By Vber in forum C Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-16-2002, 03:57 PM
  4. Good books?
    By Unregistered in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-10-2002, 01:58 PM
  5. Books Books Books
    By aresashura in forum Game Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-28-2001, 09:08 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21