help

This is a discussion on help within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; how can i put files on a .dat file when using i/o in c++...

  1. #1
    Registered User asteroidv2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13

    help

    how can i put files on a .dat file when using i/o in c++

  2. #2
    pwns nooblars
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Portland, Or
    Posts
    1,094
    We have told you several times, read the tutorials, this is homework so I am sure you have a book, read your book. Pay attention in class, if it is a web class then use the discussion board. Also learn to write meaningful topics "help" doesn't tell us at all what the message is about.

  3. #3
    C++ Witch laserlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    21,931
    What exactly is a ".dat" file? My impression is that it is just a generic file extension for a file containing data of some sort, and if so you can treat it like any other file that stores data.
    C + C++ Compiler: MinGW port of GCC
    Version Control System: Bazaar

    Look up a C++ Reference and learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

  4. #4
    Registered User asteroidv2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraithan
    We have told you several times, read the tutorials, this is homework so I am sure you have a book, read your book. Pay attention in class, if it is a web class then use the discussion board. Also learn to write meaningful topics "help" doesn't tell us at all what the message is about.

    you're always scolding me like my big bro...

  5. #5
    Registered User asteroidv2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by laserlight
    What exactly is a ".dat" file? My impression is that it is just a generic file extension for a file containing data of some sort, and if so you can treat it like any other file that stores data.
    ..fdd
    Last edited by asteroidv2; 07-17-2006 at 11:47 PM.

  6. #6
    pwns nooblars
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Portland, Or
    Posts
    1,094
    Post reported, quit breaking the homework policy. Pay someone in your class to do your homework, drop out of the class. Do what ever, but stop post for people to do your homework for you.

  7. #7
    Registered User asteroidv2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraithan
    Post reported, quit breaking the homework policy. Pay someone in your class to do your homework, drop out of the class. Do what ever, but stop post for people to do your homework for you.
    i edited my post! hekhek..!

  8. #8
    and the hat of wrongness Salem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The edge of the known universe
    Posts
    32,671
    Still no sign of effort on the part of the OP.
    If you dance barefoot on the broken glass of undefined behaviour, you've got to expect the occasional cut.
    If at first you don't succeed, try writing your phone number on the exam paper.
    I support http://www.ukip.org/ as the first necessary step to a free Europe.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21