C++ & system programming
I have a small project : "access all Partitions of hard disk,find all the files have tail is *.EXE. Then display them as menu drog down. Program allows use keyboard and mouse to control,select the files from menu. After select a file, must show information of file as : created date, attributes, size file...."
What I want to ask here is :
1. Documents about system programming with C++ (or about assembly language that can add on a program C++),with them, I can examine with myself.
2. How to control mouse with C++ environtment?
3. How to access the partitions of hard disk to find files...!
4. Final, have what the ways to show information of file on system ?
thanks ! please help me...(with the way that I can do with myself)
sorry,my English is bad! :(
1. www.microsoft.com or www.msdn.microsoft.com
2. write a win32 api program. http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/
3. partitions have drive letters, if your computer has a partition that does not have a drive letter (e.g. it has linux installed on it) than your program will not be able to access it.
4. with a win32 program you can put all the information into a gui list box, which will handle all the arrow events for you. Since there could be hundreds or thousands of files that you need to display, simply printing them on a console window is not a good idea :eek:
thanks everybody !
I'll try ! And then,I'll notice result for everybody! ;) hope it's good!