Custom container should expand STL containers?
For a personal project i'm working on i need to have a custom container which is supposed to work halfway between a std::list and a lifo stack. According to my calculations i would need the following methods:
Now i was thinking about taking a std::list and expanding it by encapsulating a std::list object in my own class, but i'm not really sure if that would be the best approach, what do you guys think?
- no random access
- ++ and -- operations for traversing the existing nodes
- pop() - pops the current node
- pop_back() - pops the last node
- push_back() - adds a node to the end of the container
- value() - reads the current node
Thanks for your time and help in advance, Cheers.