Pardon my ignorance, I'm very new to C, C++ and I have some simple questions here for 'ya, I hope u could clear up things for me a bit, in turn I would be very thankful,
so here we go:
1. I'm currently using no IDE, using just borland cpp compiler (that comes for free), so I'm wondering is this the same compiler that come when u use C++ builder ? or perhaps IDE has got better compiler ?
2. Shall I use borland or VS? and why one would be better than the other please explain?
3. I'm a java programmer, therefore I have some knowledge of C#, why would one use C++ programing language? therefore if I can program in C# should I use C++? I've picked up C++ cuz I need to do some assignments that are given in university, therefore I want to solve some algorithms in C++, but other than that y would I use C++?
4. Where can I find API for C++? for java its easy when I want to lookup a method, I simply browse API, how about C++ where do I get API for C++? I need it so much !!!!
5. Again products..., this is more likely extension of question #1, which is better borland IDE or Microsoft one ? (I'm interested in these two) or I should stick to my commandline tool, using simple text editor (this is what I like to do), if there is a need to use an IDE explain why?
thanx in prior