Making a couple attempts at translating morse code into alpha-numeric. I want to see if I can do this without pointers or using the <string> library. (This is kinda a lesson about how using pointers can make things easier) I am attempting to parse in the user entry into a multi-demensional array. Both programs compile fine, but print jibberish to the screeen. Through debugging, it seems that alpha[ ] is being assigned every strcmp( ) case. Just wondering if someone could take a look through me' code and make any suggestions.
version 1 and version 2
* replaced morse_array[a][b] with &morse_array[a][b] as a strcmp() argument
* changed alpha[a] to alpha[b]
* changed if's to else if's
* getline(user_input, 79) to getline(user_input, 80)
* removed trailing white spaces