array, linked list & hashing
I've done a bit of re-search on array vs linked list.
* Arrays has uick random access
* Arrays are static, resize takes a long time
* Arrays have a power search algorithm (binary)
* Arrays are slow at adding and removing elements
* Linked list is very quick to add and remove elements.
* Linked list is dynamic so size isnt a problem
* Linked list has slow random access
Im typing this by memory so I hope I havnt missed anything major. Anyway, I've been reading a bit about using hashing to store data. I was wondering how hashing differs from the above two, what are the pros and cons ?
Appreciate any help.