Like Tree9Likes

Prime number question code

This is a discussion on Prime number question code within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Could an admin please close this thread? All that can be said has been said....

  1. #16
    - - - - - - - - oogabooga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,808
    Could an admin please close this thread? All that can be said has been said.
    The cost of software maintenance increases with the square of the programmer's creativity. - Robert D. Bliss

  2. #17
    Programming Wraith GReaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,625
    I don't have a teacher to fully underestand C++ and unlike (probably) any of you here I start from scratch using tutorials from the internet which is extremely difficult
    Dude, I dare say that at least 3/4s of members here started this way, just saiyan.
    Devoted my life to programming...

  3. #18
    - - - - - - - - oogabooga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,808
    Quote Originally Posted by GReaper View Post
    Dude, I dare say that at least 3/4s of members here started this way, just saiyan.
    I started with an out-of-date computer (given to the family) that came with two books: one on BASIC, one on assembly. No friends, family or aquaintances with any knowledge or interest in programming. And no internet.

    Within 6 months I had written an assembler and disassembler in BASIC and was programming the computer in assembly language.

    To learn, you have to pick yourself up by your own bootstraps. The details cannot be spoonfed piecemeal.
    The cost of software maintenance increases with the square of the programmer's creativity. - Robert D. Bliss

  4. #19
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    I do wonder what kind of career this person is planning if he believes that after ONE day of hard work, he is worthy of a place of supervisor where he will just sit and observe the work of subordinates, evaluating shortcomings and giving valuable advice doing nothing.
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  5. #20
    11DE784A SirPrattlepod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by vart View Post
    I do wonder what kind of career this person is planning if he believes that after ONE day of hard work, he is worthy of a place of supervisor where he will just sit and observe the work of subordinates, evaluating shortcomings and giving valuable advice doing nothing.
    I hope he doesn't find it either. That's my job!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 01:57 PM
  2. largest number prime number that can be produced...
    By ElemenT.usha in forum C Programming
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 01:44 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-25-2007, 03:47 PM
  4. prime number program code
    By jd7joe in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2005, 10:14 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 04:24 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21