Pushing the output of two programs as input to another program?

This is a discussion on Pushing the output of two programs as input to another program? within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Hello, I'm willing to use either C or C++ to solve this problem (Which ever is better to use) and ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13

    Pushing the output of two programs as input to another program?

    Hello, I'm willing to use either C or C++ to solve this problem (Which ever is better to use) and I'm doing this on a Windows XP platform. I plan on having two independent programs push their data into another program, a "master program", and that program is going to read that data and take the appropriate actions. The question is, how do you actually redirect the output of two programs into another program and read it inside that program?

    I have a general understanding of "piping" in Unix, but I've never done something like this on Windows. If there's a special name for this in Windows, I could research the subject more if I knew what it was called. Any help would be appreciated!

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    why not to use files?
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Mailing Label Program - Input & Output Files
    By beatbox32 in forum C Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-14-2011, 07:54 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 01:12 PM
  3. Basic C input output program help
    By trevordunstan in forum C Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 05:41 PM
  4. Pushing enter exits the Program...
    By X01 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-26-2003, 07:21 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21