Keep in mind that I am relatively new to programming in general, so these questions may be a little foolish.
1) How much memory does a normal variable use?
2) What is the difference memory-wise between a normal variable and a pointer?
3) How much memory does a pointer use?
4) What is the difference between a normal variable or pointer and dynamically allocated memory?
5) Why do you have to free dynamically allocated memory, but not regular variables or pointers?
Like I said before, I am new to programming. I have read tutorials on C++, but I don't quite follow certain parts, especially those parts dealing with memory, hence the questions. Thanks in advance for any help!