I need some opinions about VC++ vs C++

This is a discussion on I need some opinions about VC++ vs C++ within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Like I said, if it's not a fact, but an opinion, it's fine. Currently possibilities include: C#, C++/CLI. But on ...

  1. #16
    C++まいる!Cをこわせ! Elysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,543
    Like I said, if it's not a fact, but an opinion, it's fine.
    Currently possibilities include: C#, C++/CLI.
    But on what ground to you believe C# to be better than C++/CLI? Perhaps that is worth more than merely saying C# is better.
    C++/CLI allows you to code C++ and have the possibility to access the .NET framework.
    Last edited by laserlight; 06-23-2010 at 03:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adak View Post
    io.h certainly IS included in some modern compilers. It is no longer part of the standard for C, but it is nevertheless, included in the very latest Pelles C versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    You mean it's included as a crutch to help ancient programmers limp along without them having to relearn too much.

    Outside of your DOS world, your header file is meaningless.

  2. #17
    System Novice siavoshkc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tehran
    Posts
    1,231
    Your posts about .net stuff is not relevent to OP's question and just makes her/him more confuzed. And C# is a better language for writing .net code. I think its a fact. (Excluding F#)

    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia
    C++/CLI allows you to code C++ and have the possibility to access the .NET framework.
    I think an executable is either .net or not(native). So in practice you are writing a .net program that executes massive native code, which renders to a bad .net program.
    Learn C++ (C++ Books, C Books, FAQ, Forum Search)
    Code painter latest version on sourceforge DOWNLOAD NOW!
    Download FSB Data Integrity Tester.
    Siavosh K C

  3. #18
    the hat of redundancy hat nvoigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Hannover, Germany
    Posts
    3,139
    In fact, it allows you to get the best of both worlds without any painful marshaling or stuff.
    Do you really consider the cryptic C++ syntax and the abysmal performance of managed code "the best of both worlds"?
    hth
    -nv

    She was so Blonde, she spent 20 minutes looking at the orange juice can because it said "Concentrate."

    When in doubt, read the FAQ.
    Then ask a smart question.

  4. #19
    C++まいる!Cをこわせ! Elysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,543
    Quote Originally Posted by siavoshkc View Post
    Your posts about .net stuff is not relevent to OP's question and just makes her/him more confuzed. And C# is a better language for writing .net code. I think its a fact. (Excluding F#)
    I disagree.
    You will have to provide good sources to prove that it's better.

    I think an executable is either .net or not(native). So in practice you are writing a .net program that executes massive native code, which renders to a bad .net program.
    No, it can be a mix of both. So in one you get blazingly fast native code and in one you get slow, abmyssal managed code.

    Quote Originally Posted by nvoigt View Post
    Do you really consider the cryptic C++ syntax and the abysmal performance of managed code "the best of both worlds"?
    I never have particularly liked managed code at all. But if you're going to do it, then yes, I think C++/CLI is the better of the choices since you get the features of C++ along with whatever you need from the managed part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adak View Post
    io.h certainly IS included in some modern compilers. It is no longer part of the standard for C, but it is nevertheless, included in the very latest Pelles C versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    You mean it's included as a crutch to help ancient programmers limp along without them having to relearn too much.

    Outside of your DOS world, your header file is meaningless.

  5. #20
    Registered User whiteflags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7,666
    Elysia now that we understand your opinion can we leave people to express theirs?

    It's not a contest of languages or a holy war.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. VC 2005 win 32 app error.
    By geek@02 in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 01:17 PM
  2. strcpy_s exception in VC 2005
    By geek@02 in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 08:35 AM
  3. makefile exported by vc 6.0 doesn't work
    By wow in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 03:20 PM
  4. Can't compile this with VC 6.0
    By uriel2013 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-31-2003, 07:43 PM
  5. Why VC?
    By Unregistered in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2002, 05:24 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21