Passing a string array to a function using pointers

This is a discussion on Passing a string array to a function using pointers within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; I'm having trouble passing a string array to another function. I can pass an integer array like this Code: int ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4

    Passing a string array to a function using pointers

    I'm having trouble passing a string array to another function. I can pass an integer array like this
    Code:
     int main(){
    int numbers[3] = {1,2,3};
    void print_array (int*array);
    print_array (numbers);
    }
    
    void print_array (int*array){
    	cout << (*array) << (*array+1);
    }
    however, I can't seem to change it so that I am able to pass a string array.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,246
    Post your code that demonstrates the problem you are having.

  3. #3
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    and why are you using array and not vector in the first place?
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 03:08 AM
  2. Screwy Linker Error - VC2005
    By Tonto in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 02:39 PM
  3. Unknown Memory Leak in Init() Function
    By CodeHacker in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2004, 09:54 AM
  4. Quick question about SIGSEGV
    By Cikotic in forum C Programming
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 07:48 PM
  5. I need help with passing pointers in function calls
    By vien_mti in forum C Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2002, 10:00 AM

Tags for this Thread


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21