(help me pls)how do you change memory value in other programs?

This is a discussion on (help me pls)how do you change memory value in other programs? within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; I am trying to make a program that changes the value of the ammo in an online RPG (Combat Arms). ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4

    Question (help me pls)how do you change memory value in other programs?

    I am trying to make a program that changes the value of the ammo in an online RPG (Combat Arms). What i need is a snippit of code that i can use to change the value of a specified address in a specified program. (something that will work in a DOS pogram)

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,246
    Applications do not directly address the system's memory. They interact through virtual memory provided by the operating system. This is done precisely so that one process cannot modify another process's memory (thus destabilizing it).

    Doing what you are attempting to do requires a very complicated and advanced technique which involves loading a library you write into another process's address space. You will not find any information on how to do this at this website since it is the same technique used to do illegal things with applications.

  3. #3
    Algorithm Dissector iMalc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,305
    Uh hello, he's specifically asking how to use it to do illegal things!

    Today I've read posts on here of people asking for:
    1. Game cheating by modifying a value in another program's memory space,
    2. How to send SYN packets, and
    3. How to speed up brute-force cracking of AES encryption.


    Whose to say these aren't all coming from the same person! In one of those cases we've even got an idiot helping them. Are the moderators on holiday or something?
    My homepage
    Advice: Take only as directed - If symptoms persist, please see your debugger

    Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    Quote Originally Posted by iMalc View Post
    Uh hello, he's specifically asking how to use it to do illegal things!

    Today I've read posts on here of people asking for:
    1. Game cheating by modifying a value in another program's memory space,
    2. How to send SYN packets, and
    3. How to speed up brute-force cracking of AES encryption.


    Whose to say these aren't all coming from the same person! In one of those cases we've even got an idiot helping them. Are the moderators on holiday or something?
    plus yesterday I got some very suspisious link in PM from historyR, I hope that person is already banned...
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  5. #5
    C++ Witch laserlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    21,781
    Quote Originally Posted by diducktape
    I am trying to make a program that changes the value of the ammo in an online RPG (Combat Arms).
    I strongly suggest that you take advantage of the user interface provided to change the value of the ammo. For example, you could fire the weapon, or purchase/find ammo.

    *thread closed*
    C + C++ Compiler: MinGW port of GCC
    Version Control System: Bazaar

    Look up a C++ Reference and learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 11:27 AM
  2. Assignment Operator, Memory and Scope
    By SevenThunders in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 06:22 AM
  3. Memory handler
    By Dr. Bebop in forum C Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-15-2002, 04:14 PM
  4. What's the best memory (RAM) type?
    By Unregistered in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-14-2001, 11:37 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2001, 02:12 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21